Amberen: Natural Perimenopause Relief
A Natural Solution
Amberen is a natural remedy for perimenopause symptoms. The mineral supplement is a safe alternative to hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and is more effective than many herbal remedies.
Fumarates and succinates, two salt compounds, are the key ingredients in Amberen. The proprietary formula produces "smart molecules" that are easily recognized by a woman's body. Their rejuvenating qualities balance the erratic hormones that cause the symptoms of perimenopause.
According to the company website, Amberen contains seven key mineral ingredients: ammonium succinate, calcium disuccinate, glycine, monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), magnesium disuccinate hydrate, zinc difumarate hydrate and tocopherol acetate, a form of Vitamin E.
Gelatin, rice flour, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, riboflavin, carmin and water are additional ingredients in this natural dietary supplement.
To learn more about perimenopause and how Amberen can relieve the symptoms, read on.
What is Perimenopause?
All women eventually experience the symptoms of perimenopause, a life interval when the telltale signs of menopause start to creep in.
Also called the menopausal transition, perimenopause heralds a shift from regular ovulation and menstrual cycles to permanent infertility.
Perimenopause symptoms are usually experienced by women in their 40s, but they sometimes affect women in their 30s.
Irregular menstrual periods are the most common sign; periods may be long or short, heavy or light, more or less than 28 days apart. Many women also suffer from weight gain, hot flashes, mood swings, and low libido. Some also experience nausea and lactose intolerance.
The fatigue and frustration of perimenopause symptoms can take a toll on a woman's daily life. Amberen provides natural, reliable symptom relief. Many women prefer it to medical treatments that require a doctor's prescription.
Common Perimenopause Symptoms
When it comes to treatment choices, perimenopausal women have several options. The most common treatments include hormone replacement therapy (HRT), alternative therapies, herbal remedies, and Amberen supplements.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy. HRT provides medical relief for many perimenopause symptoms. The therapy involves synthetic estrogen and progestin, the female sex hormones, in prescription form. While HRT is effective for some women, it is not without its risks. Research has linked hormone replacement to an increased risk for blood clots, heart disease, stroke and cancer. Hormone replacement therapy may also produce side effects that may actually mimic perimenopause symptoms.
- Alternative Therapies and Herbal Remedies. Some women turn to alternative therapies for symptom relief. Concerned about the health risks associated with prescription drugs, they choose holistic remedies. Acupuncture, meditation, and relaxation techniques are common alternative therapies for perimenopause symptoms. Black cohosh, ginseng, chasteberry, and plant estrogens such as soy are common herbal remedies. These therapies offer some relief, but they are unable to ease all perimenopause symptoms.
- The Amberen Solution. Amberen is an over-the-counter dietary supplement for perimenopause symptoms. The natural formula restores cell function and encourages natural hormone production. Amberen addresses the hormone imbalances that cause perimenopause symptoms. Some health professionals recommend Amberen for premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), and other hormone related symptoms.
How Amberen Supplements Treat Perimenopause Symptoms
Reference Sources / Further Reading
- Amberen. (2011) "Perimenopause Symptoms Treatment." Amberen for Menopause. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- Mayo Clinic. (September 16, 2010) "Perimenopause." Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- WebMD. (September 16, 2009) "Perimenopause." WebMD Medical Reference. Retrieved October 30. 2011.
Health / Medical Disclaimer: The information presented on this website is not intended as health or medical advice, and it is not a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment by a qualified health care professional.
Copyright © 2011. Annette R. Smith. All rights reserved.
Published: October 31, 2011 / Modified: June 12, 2013.
Your Turn: Tell Us What You Think
You're reading Amberen: Natural Perimenopause Relief, by Annette R. Smith. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Then share the article with your family and friends.
To read more by this author, visit her profile page for the latest, hottest, and best. Or sign up for HubPages to publish your own material. It's fun, it's FREE, and you can even earn money along the way.
Last updated on June 12, 2013
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this article up or down.